My mom (a very wise women) always encouraged us to look at the positive side of life,, Life has a lot more joy if you can look at the positive then sitting around complaining or worrying about our current predicament,,
The month of January has certainly tried man, animal, and machinery here on the farm and cheese house with the super cold temperature. Dave has continued all month get up 3 AM in below zero temperature to move milk 4 to 5 times a week. As we were chatting over breakfast we applied my mom’s approach to life, Here is our list of the Five Positive Things of Making Yogurt and Cheese in the Deep Freeze:
- There is no mud being tracked into The Cheese House
- We can use the walk-in cooler as a warming shed, it is 50-60° warmer then the outside temp.
- Yogurt make days turn the processing room into a sauna,
- At the end of the day you can keep warm snuggling with your sweety.
- The spectacular sunsets as you step out to The Cheese House.